To view the schools new Chromebook contract, Click Here
Students do not have to check out a chrome book if they have their own computer. Students will be responsible to bring them daily.
To Watch what the IB Program can do for you, click here
IB Application Process: Click here for more information
The mission of the PHS IB Program is to develop inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help to create a better and more peaceful world through intercultural understanding and respect!
Through the IB program, students become inquirers, knowledgeable, thinkers, communicators, principled, open-minded, caring, risk-takers, balanced, and reflective.
Pensacola High School International Baccalaureate Program:
Pensacola High School is the first and only school in Escambia County to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) full Diploma Program. Students are allowed to apply from outside counties; for example many student come from Santa Rosa County. The FL pre-IB program was first implemented in 1986, with the first IB class graduating in 1990. Beginning in the ninth and tenth grades, students enroll in Florida Pre-IB courses (as well as conventional high school electives) that prepare them for the rigors of the IB diploma program. IB students are in the classroom with a full IB and AP schedule while also participating in sports, clubs, and activities. Students take a mixer of IB and AP classes to provide the most rigorous educational opportunities to prepare for University. Along with the intangible benefits of knowing they have persevered through an extremely challenging high school curriculum, IB graduates frequently receive generous scholarship assistance in attending universities. The IB Class of 2015 received 15 million dollars in scholarships for only 96 students. Our students historically proclaim that they feel very well prepared for college—in fact, the academic transition is practically painless.
- Today there are 480 students enrolled in the program.
- Students are inducted into the IB Diploma Program in 11th grade after successful completion of the FL Pre-IB program (grades 9 and 10).
- Students take written examinations at the end of the program and can receive many college credit, which are marked by external IB examiners.
The Pensacola High School IB program is a magnet program open to able learners who meet admissions qualifications based on GPA, national achievement test percentiles, and teacher recommendations.
- For more information for prospective students, please visit the Admissions tab and view the Recruitment Powerpoint.
Helpful Information for Current Students:
- Want tutoring? Sign up with NHS using the calendar on the PHS website or go to https://phsnationalhonorsociety.youcanbook.me/ MUST book three days in advance in order for us to book a tutor on time! Starting October 26th, walk-ins are NOT guaranteed an available tutor, so be sure to book your appointment!
- For Bus routes click here
- Absence verification form click here
- UWF Library online access click here